Assistant Property Manager (Tucson)
To apply please follow the following directions
copy this address into your browser. www.qhire.net/429446
Select Arizona as the state
Select the property that interests you most and the position that interests you most and you are qualified for.
You will be required to fill out a short questionnaire and take an assessment skills test. Candidates that do not complete the test will not be considered.
Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary.
• Actively participate in leasing and marketing of the community to maximize occupancy.
• Meet and greet prospective residents and vendors in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
• Qualify clients by determining his or her needs, eligibility, and desirability; Utilize telephone and
leasing techniques designated by the Company, always conforming to Fair Housing regulations;
properly record information regarding prospective resident visits on guest cards and follow up on
qualified traffic that does not lease.
• Tour apartment community and vacant apartments with clients and have specific and current
knowledge of apartment specifications, vacancies, notices, and rental rates.
• Responsible for having a thorough understanding of features and benefits provided by the subject
community as well as comparable communities in the area and be able to convert this knowledge
into a selling benefit for the subject community.
• Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of the surrounding area, schools, shopping, bus lines,
and any other pertinent neighborhood information.
• Responsible for having a thorough understanding of application criteria, lease paperwork, rent
collection, and move‐in/move‐out procedures and be able to explain these items to existing and
• Review applications prior to submitting to Property Manager for approval; Type all necessary lease
paperwork and inspect apartment prior to move‐in; Type and mail denial letters to unapproved
applicants; Ensure lease file checklists are completed in full.
• Collect and store all deposits, fees and rents according to Company policies and procedures.
Perform bookkeeping procedures as assigned by the Property Manager such as posting rents, traffic,service requests, move‐ins and move‐outs in Accounting System, as well as processing invoices for payment.
• Monitor and pursue delinquent rents, inspect apartments, post payment demands, and process files for eviction.
• Coordinate, monitor and perform all aspects of the renewal process (e.g., contacting residents,
preparing letters and surveys, following up on renewal offers, investigating notices, etc.)
• Prepare and submit all administrative forms, files and reports in an accurate, organized, and
• Maintain contact with business and locator services, as well as perform outside marketing visits.
• Respond to all resident requests and concerns in an efficient and courteous manner.
• Maintain a positive attitude, professional appearance and courteous disposition at all times.
• Assist the Property Manager in designing and implementing a resident retention program (i.e.,
newsletter, resident referral program or social activities).
• Promptly report any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding residents, personnel or the
property to the Property Manager.
• Fully understand of and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
• College degree preferred, but not required.
• Position requires a minimum of 2 years on‐site as a Leasing Consultant Demonstrate ability to
apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts,
draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
• Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
• Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
• Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite
including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
• Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
• Be able to work evenings and weekends.
• Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday
and/or whenever present at the community, or when representing the company during industry
related or company events.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Team Member Handbook.
• Successfully pass a drug test.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers